The LTA, in consultation with the Department for Culture, Media & Sport, have confirmed that turn up and play sessions (often known as club or social sessions) may resume provided that clubs are following the appropriate protocol. We are therefore very pleased to be able to let you know that our “Social Tennis” sessions will resume from this Sunday 19th July (not Saturday, due to existing court bookings taking priority).
- Please ensure you are familiar with and follow the LTA Guidance for Players at all times.
- Before leaving home to play tennis, all participants should undergo a self-assessment symptom check for any COVID-19 symptoms using the information on the NHS website.
- The peg board that is normally used to arrange sets in an equitable manner cannot be used—games will be arranged verbally instead. Please try to ensure everyone has a fair chance to play.
- If you play with someone new, or that you don’t know, make sure you exchange names, in case this is needed for NHS Test and Trace. The club will provide contact details to NHS Test and Trace for anyone who might have come into contact with an infection at a social session.
- Remember to remain two metres apart from other players whilst organising sets and waiting to play.
- The club has installed hand sanitiser dispensers at the entrance to the courts. Please use this before entering and after leaving the courts. Even better, bring your own sanitiser and use it between sets.
- As per our normal practice, most of the time there will be new balls supplied by the club. Where balls are not completely used following a Saturday session, they will be put aside and not used until at least Wednesday.
I have never been to Social Tennis. Can I come along?
Absolutely! Social tennis is open to all Senior and Student Members, plus Junior members who have been invited to participate by the Committee. It’s great fun, we provide all the balls (plus floodlights when required) and you get to meet new people while playing some relaxed and convivial sets of tennis.
When is Social Tennis?
- Saturday and Sunday from about 1:30pm until everyone has had enough fun.
- Wednesday evenings from 7pm (free floodlighting provided).
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings from about 10am until 12noon (2pm next week, 21st and 23rd July due to Junior Summer Camps).