The Club Committee members are:
- Dr N Dimmock (Chair, Communications)
- Mr N Attwood (Secretary)
- Mr S Drummond (Treasurer)
- Mr P Sadler (Membership, Welfare, Ball Supply)
- Mr J Baybutt (Team Manager)
- Ms L Maclean (Team Manager, Socials Co-ordinator)
- Mr M Smith (Tournaments)
- Mr P Ryder (Premises Officer)
- Ms T Flynn (Wimbledon Tickets Co-ordinator)
- Mr P Edwards
- Mrs M Bell
- Mrs S. Lawrence-Taylor (Catering)
- Mr J Marquez (Head Coach)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador for the club
- Call meetings when appropriate
- Identify other key committee roles
- Chair committee meetings AGMs and SGMs
- May be called on to act as mediator.
- To attend County LTA Forum meetings
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the club or organisation
- Establish and maintain club/organisation bank/building society accounts and banking arrangements
- Produce and monitor annual budget
- Report financial position to the committee
- Advise the Committee on financial implications of proposals that come before it
- Collect and deposit all fees, subscriptions and funds
- Prepare and issue receipts for monies received
- Ensure that funds are spent appropriately
- Explore funding opportunities for the club/organisation
- Pay any bills occurring
- Prepare end of year financial report for AGM
- Ensure club/organisation affiliations, e.g. National Sport Governing Body
- Deal with all outgoing and incoming correspondence
- Keep club/organisation (non membership) records accurate and up to date
- Liaise with Chair to arrange meetings
- Prepare agendas and take and distribute minutes from committee meetings
- Ensure that all club/organisation members have relevant information before and after meetings
- Act as Volunteer Coordinator:
- Act as the main contact for all volunteers
- Get to know all Club Volunteers and potential volunteers by name
- Ensure that all jobs have a job description
- Supervise and oversee all volunteers
- Liaise with the Chairperson to ensure that all tasks involved are carried out efficiently
- Coordinate the implementation of the volunteer recruitment, training and support plans
- Recognise and nominate volunteers for volunteer awards
- Ensure that volunteer paperwork is completed satisfactorily
- Organise social and recruitment events for volunteers
- Decide team selection
- Promote participation in Team amongst wider Club membership
- Organise and confirm match fixtures with opposing teams
- Ensure all players have details of matches and venues
- Ensure that all necessary equipment is available for home fixtures and, where necessary, food is provided
- Complete all match paper work immediately after match finishes
- Inform Club Committee of results
- Organise and oversee the running of Club tournaments, including payment of tournament fees
- Organise and oversee the arrangements for hire and use of AELTC courts, including payment and receipt of fees
- To advise the Club Committee on any repairs to courts, grounds and clubhouse premises
- To seek cost estimates for repair work to club premises, and to advise the Club Committee
- To oversee work undertaken by contractors, and to advise the Club Committee on completion of work
- To arrange work parties to carry out small scale repairs to the Club premises
- To prepare and distribute an “opening up” rota for social tennis sessions
- To be responsible for hire of clubhouse and bookings for use of clubhouse
- To act as the first point of call for those looking to join or seeking information about the club/organisation
- To keep a record of Junior and Adult membership details
- To collect membership subscriptions from Senior and Junior members (except Saturday Junior members), and to pass them on to the Treasurer
- To advise the Club Committee on membership trends and other membership matters
- To advise the Club Committee on ways to attract new members
- To arrange activities to promote the Club and increase membership
- To keep the “peg” system up to date in respect of changing membership
- To be responsible for membership information, welcome packs
- To prepare and distribute the Club Newsletter to the members
- To seek items for inclusion in the Newsletter from the Committee and from Club members
- To be responsible for the Club website
- To promote the Club in the local media
Wimbledon Tickets Co-ordinator
To organise all aspects of the AELTC ticket ballot, including liaison with the LTA.
Ball Supply Officer
- To ensure an adequate ball supply for the Club’s use throughout the year
- To advise the Club Committee on the trends in ball supply requirements, and the financial implications
- To ensure that suitable balls are provided for each social tennis session
- To arrange for the supply of drinks and refreshments for social tennis sessions, and for coaching sessions
- To arrange for the supply of drinks and refreshments for “open days” and other special events
- To advise the Club Committee on financial issues arising out of the provision of drinks and refreshments
Club Socials Coordinator
- To promote and coordinate a range of different social activities for Club members.
- To seek views on the type of social events that Club members would like.
General Role – to promote safety and wellbeing within the Club, ensuring that children, young people and adults at risk are able to participate in tennis in a fun, safe and inclusive environment.
- To respond to any concerns or issues that arise for children, young people and adults at risk, in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- To contact the Safeguarding Team to discuss any concerns that have been raised, where you do not feel able to adequately manage the situation.
- To contact Children’s Social Care and the Police if a child is at immediate and significant risk of harm.
- To contact Adult Social Care or the Police if an adult at risk, is at immediate and significant risk of harm.
- To record any concerns reported to you in relation to children, young people and adults at risk, on the Well-Being Form, and to forward to the Safeguarding Team for reference or for the matter to be escalated.
- To actively promote the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk, with members and committee members.
- To ensure that all Club members are aware of their duty of care towards children, young people and adults at risk, which means ensuring their safety and well-being.
- To support and assist the Club to fulfil its responsibilities when organising activities for children, young people and adults at risk.
- To support and assist the Club to fulfil its responsibilities for Clubmark in relation to children, young people and adults at risk.
- To encourage those in a position of trust and authority to attend the LTA Safeguarding Training and LTA Equality Diversity and Inclusion Training, and
- To maintain quarterly contact with the Safeguarding Team for support and reading email updates that the team sends.