On this page you can access the following important documents:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Disciplinary Procedure
Codes of Conduct
All adults agree to:
- Positively reinforce your child and show an interest in their tennis.
- Use appropriate language at all times.
- Be realistic and supportive.
- Never ridicule or admonish a child for making a mistake or losing a match.
- Treat all children, adults, volunteers, coaches, officials and members of staff with respect.
- Behave responsibly at the venue; do not embarrass your child.
- Accept the official’s decisions and do not go on court or interfere with matches.
- Encourage your child to play by the rules, and teach them that they can only do their best.
- Deliver and collect your child punctually from the venue.
- Ensure your child has appropriate clothing for the weather conditions Ensure that your child understands their code of conduct.
- Adhere to your venue’s safeguarding policy, diversity and inclusion policy, rules and regulations.
- Provide emergency contact details and any relevant information about your child including medical history.
All children agree to:
- Be friendly, supportive and welcoming to other children and adults.
- Play fairly and honestly.
- Respect club staff, volunteers and Officials and accept their decisions.
- Behave, respect and listen to your coach.
- Take care of your equipment and club property.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, culture, religion or sexual identity.
- Not use bad, inappropriate or racist language, including on social media.
- Not bully, intimidate or harass anyone, including on social media.
- Not smoke, drink alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions or events.
- Talk to the club Welfare Officer about any concerns or worries they have about themselves or others.
All coaches and volunteers agree to:
- Prioritise the well-being of all children and adults at risk at all times.
- Treat all children and adults at risk fairly and with respect.
- Be a positive role model. Act with integrity, even when no one is looking.
- Help to create a safe and inclusive environment both on and off court.
- Not allow any rough or dangerous behaviour, bullying or the use of bad or inappropriate language.
- Report all allegations of abuse or poor practice to the club Welfare Officer.
- Not use any sanctions that humiliate or harm a child or adult at risk.
- Value and celebrate diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs.
- Keep clear boundaries between professional and personal life, including on social media.
- Have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos.
- Refrain from making physical contact with children or adults unless it is necessary as part of an emergency or congratulatory (e.g. handshake / high five).
- Refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol during coaching sessions.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly outlined and everyone has the required information and training.
- Avoid being alone with a child or adult at risk unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Refrain from transporting children or adults at risk, unless this is required as part of a club activity (e.g. away match) and there is another adult in the vehicle.
- Not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such.
- Not have a relationship with anyone under 18 for whom they are coaching or responsible.
- Not to have a relationship with anyone over 18 whilst continuing to coach or be responsible for them.