Here are a few important upcoming dates and events for your diary:
- Saturday 17th November: Wine Tasting Social! Sign up in the clubhouse by 2nd November.
- Saturday 1st December: American Social tournament at Wilton LTC, 2-6pm. Sign up in the clubhouse by 21st November.
- Saturday 8th December: Coach-led Social (a week later than usual due to the American tournament with Wilton).
- Saturday 29th December: American Social tournament at 1pm.
- Monday 31st December: last date to play matches in the current round of the Singles Box League, and the first round of the Winter Doubles tournaments.
And in 2019:
- Saturday 12th January & Saturday 2nd February: Coach-led Social.
- Friday 22nd February: opt-in to the Wimbledon ballot closes.
- Sunday 10th March: Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Saturday 7th September: Finals Day (with the Sunday as backup in the event of bad weather).
Opt-in for the Wimbledon tickets ballot is also now open! To qualify for a chance to buy tickets for next year's Championships at the AELTC you need to login to the LTA members area and select the Wimbledon Ballot option. Even if you did this last year you must do it again this year to qualify. Juniors aged 11 years and over are also eligible but each one must be opted-in individually. Not an LTA member? As a member of an affiliated venue you can join for free. The LTA make the paid-for option far more prominent than the free one so make sure you select "Lite Membership" [sic] and say "Yes" to being a member of an LTA Registered Venue.
We encourage everyone to opt-in because the Club's allocation of tickets to distribute via ballot is based on the number of opt-ins by affiliated members!
We are very proud of the Club’s teams playing in the Surrey League who had an outstanding summer of tennis. Both of our Ladies teams, plus the Mens’ Second and Third teams, won their respective divisions. Congratulations to all who participated, and thank you to the Captains for organising the matches. Best of luck for the forthcoming Winter League.
José has a wealth of different ideas for the coach-led social sessions so each one will be a little bit different but expect tennis themed fun with your fellow members, followed by some enjoyable sets of doubles. Dates for the rest of the year are (all starting promptly at 1:30pm):
- Saturday 6th October
- Saturday 3rd November
1st December 8th December
5th 12th January
There will also be a special Christmas-themed American tournament on Saturday 29th December. Look out for more details nearer the time.